Friday, August 24, 2012

The Anatomy of Conversion

First Impression
Should I stay or should I go?  Does it look like what I was expecting?  Is it well organized?  Does it appeal to me?  Is it worth taking a look at?  All these questions get answered in the blink of an eye.  

The Hook
A blog title, a call to action, a picture that makes me smile, a question that makes me think.  Is the hook good enough to make me stick around and dig a little deeper?

The Sale
Now that I am hanging around and interested in what you have, persuade me to take a chance on you.  To trust you.  To return for more, refer my friends, and ultimately buy.

The next time your surfing the web, try to be conscious of this 3 step process.  You may find you don't just do it with web pages, but with everything; magazine ads, books, restaurants, strangers.  We are constantly searching for something worthy of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment