Friday, December 7, 2012

There are monsters in my closet

There are monsters in my closet and under my bed, and the floor is made of molten hot lava.  Even though I desperately have to pee, there is no way I'm getting out from under my covers to brave the dark, just to ease my bladder.

Our minds are amazing.  They can take us to other worlds and whisk us into magnificent fantasies, but sometimes they turn against us.  As a child, your imagination paralyzed you with fear of monsters and bugs.  As an adult your imagination paralyzes you with fear of rejection, contempt, and failure.  

In business, often times the most difficult thing you can think to do, isn't.  You've just let your mind and the possibility of failure get the best of you.

If you're analyzing the risks and rewards, you've already wasted too much time thinking.  Try it out for a week, a month, a year.  It's probably easier than you thought.

1 comment:

  1. And there are dragons in my office. You are right, it is definitely time for a trip to the water closet!

    ReplyDelete